My Blog List

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Proof Texting

I read an extremely interesting post today on a blog that I frequent called Mormon Matters. It revealed something to me that I didn't even realize had been categorized. I encourage anyone who is a regular poster on the internet to read the insightful piece entitled "Proof Texting for Fun and Prophet" by Jeff Spector.

The fantastic article is well done and has important examples that illustrate the point he is making. Mr. Spector's article has caused me to do some personal reflection on how I debate on the internet and how I can improve my discourse. I have no doubt that the article will dramatically improve the manner in which I present arguments and hopefully enable me to identify when the tactic is being used to undercut a position I have taken.

No comments: